Friends of the Formerly Friendless, is a recognized California non-profit Animal Rescue organization. We are recognized by the State of California and the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) (3) non-profit. All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The mission of this Organization/Network is:
- To find stable, responsible and loving homes for companion animals
- To alleviate the overpopulation problem in our communities by assisting in the current spay/neuter campaign
- Provide emergency foster care for animals at risk, in danger and/or caught in domestic violence/animal abuse situations
- Work cooperatively with County Animal Services to assist in placement of shelter animals
- Establish a mutual support network among rescue organizations and independent community rescuers
- Maintain an ongoing web site that consists of:
- Lost and Found site - attempts to link lost/stolen/stray animals with their owners
- Extra Special Pets Adoption Program (ESP) places pets with special needs in loving, responsible homes
- Short On Luck Program - provides emergency foster care for animals at risk, and/or victims of domestic violence or animal abuse
- Mobile Adoptions - provides mobile adoptions throughout the County at convenient scheduled locations
- Community Education - disseminates humane education materials in our communities
Currently, our Organization/Network is serving the feline populations in Contra Costa County. Hopefully, with further community support, we will be able to extend these services to other companion animals.
For a full listing of our Adoption Policies, please visit our Adoptions page.
...As always, we hope to serve our "formerly friendless friends"
...and our communities
...with a sense of humor.